All throughout Nebraska it’s not uncommon that the need for emergency plumbing services will come up at some point. In fact, a recent statistic revealed that about 85% of homeowners in Nebraska will require an emergency plumbing service while living in the state (the remaining 15% mostly being people who move out of state, or people who move frequently enough to where they don’t actually need this service done to their home). So we wanted to get a little more information and contacted My Emergency Plumbers to find out a little more about the costs associated with this service and what is involved.
Emergency Plumbing vs. 24 Hour Plumbing
Not every call to a 24 hour plumber is an emergency, and not every emergency call is done at odd hours of the night. So there is actually a difference between emergency plumbing and 24 hour plumbing. However, it should be noted here before we go any further that when people speak of emergency plumbing, they are actually referring to an emergency that occurs at odd hours, and when they speak of 24 hour service they are usually talking about emergency services.
With that being established, let’s take a look at some of the different costs associated with both emergency plumbing and 24 hour service:
Emergency Plumbing Costs
So when you have a plumbing emergency (such as a pipe bursting, the heating goes out in your home, no hot water, major leaks, water damage etc.) you call a plumber and ask them to come out immediately. By doing this you are actually pulling them away from the work that they are currently doing. This can cause them problems later on if they aren’t well manned, however it’s a service that they offer. They inconvenience themselves for the sake of helping you. This typically comes with a cost and that cost sometimes comes out to about $100 just to show up at your home and address the problem right away. There are many things that may affect the cost of an emergency plumber to vary that figure.
They may or may not handle the problem on their first visit. In fact, a lot of emergency plumbers will take care of the issue at hand a day or so after their first visit. From there, they apply their normal rates to the service that they provide.
24 Hour Plumbing Costs
A plumber can charge anything they want to for their services, however 24 hour costs are usually similar to emergency costs. If you find a very small plumbing service then there’s a good chance that they’ll charge you more depending on the hour of the night (a 3:00 AM call will probably cost you $200 or so).
Working with a large brand name plumbing companies can help you reduce costs, however sometimes you end up paying more in service due to the fact that the people coming out aren’t paid very well and aren’t very well trained.
We’d like to thank My Emergency Plumbers for their help in compiling this information for our blog. Their contribution was really great and we hope that our readers really get something out of it. If you’d like, here’s their Hendersonville location for you to check out.